To make the capital increase pursuant to the shareholding structure. Total injection amount is USD 10,250 thousand.
In December2017, we entered into a share purchase agreement, a shareholders agreement and other transaction documents with the existing shareholders of our predecessor to issue and distribute our shares to them in proportion to our predecessor's then shareholding structure. We refer to our restructuring and the related agreements and transactions in this prospectus as the Reorganization. The Reorganization was completed in March 2018.
ArcelorMittal announces that a 5.4976% shareholding notification by The Capital Group Companies Inc. is available in the Luxembourg Stock Exchange’s electronic database OAM on www.bourse.lu and on the company’s website http://corporate.arcelormittal.com/ under Investors, Corporate Governance, Shareholding structure. This notification was published in reference to the Luxembourg law and the Grand Ducal regulation of 11 January 2008, on transparency requirements for issuers of securities (“Transparency Law”) in view of a shareholding notification going above the 5% voting rights threshold.
In Thailand, we conduct our business activities using a tiered shareholding structure in which direct foreign ownership in each Thai entity is less than 50%. See “Item 4. Information on the Company—C. Organizational Structure—Thailand Shareholding Structure.” As Thai laws only consider the immediate level of shareholding, no cumulative or look-through calculation is applied to determine the foreign ownership status of a company when it has several levels of foreign shareholding. Such shareholding structure has allowed us to consolidate our Thai operating entities as our subsidiaries.
Direct ownership (or effective ownership in the case of our Thai entities) ---- Contractual arrangements. See Contractual Arrangements among Our VIEs, Their Shareholders and Us. (1) See Thailand Shareholding Structure. (2) For each of these entities, 30% of the equity interest is owned by us through a wholly-owned subsidiary in Singapore, and the remaining 70% equity interest is controlled by us through contractual arrangements. (3) Held through a wholly-owned subsidiary in Singapore.
Our shareholders have not completed required registrations with the local counterpart of SAFE in relation to our financing and restructuring and the subsequent changes to our shareholding structure. Failure to comply with the registration procedures set forth in SAFE Circular No. 37 and SAFE Circular No. 13, misrepresent on or failure to disclose controllers of foreign-invested enterprise that is established through round-trip investment, may result in restrictions on the foreign exchange activities of the relevant foreign-invested enterprises, including payment of dividends and other distributions, such as proceeds from any reduction in capital, share transfer or liquidation, to its offshore parent company or affiliates and the capital inflow from the offshore parent company, and may also subject the relevant PRC residents or entities to penalties under PRC foreign exchange administration regulations.