Usury Savings Clause. The Company and Holder intend to comply at all times with applicable usury laws. If at any time such laws would render usurious any amounts due under this Note under applicable law, then it is the Company' s and Holder's express intention that the Company not be required to pay interest on this Note at a rate in excess of the maximum lawful rate, that the provisions of this Section 7 shall control over all other provisions of this Note which may be in apparent conflict here under, that such excess amount shall be immediately credited to the principal balance of this Note, and the provisions hereof shall immediately be reformed and the amounts thereafter decreased , so as to comply with the then applicable usury law, but so as to permit the recovery of the fullest amount otherwise due under this Note.
8. Usury Savings Clause. The Company and Holder intend to comply at all times with applicable usury laws. If at any time such laws would render usurious any amounts due under this Note under applicable la w, then it is the Company' s and Holder' s express intention that the Company not be required to pay interest on this Note at a rate in excess of the maximum lawful rate, that the provisions of this Section 7 shall control over all other provisions of this Note which may be in apparent conflict hereunder, that such excess amount shall be immediately credited to the principal balance of this Note, and the provisions hereof shall immediately be reformed and the amounts thereafter decreased , so as to comply with the then applicable usury la w, but so as to permit the recovery of the fullest amount otherwise due under this Note .
EX-10.IIIC 3 exhibit10iiic620201231.htm EXHIBIT 10.IIIC DocumentExhibit 10.iii.c.6FOURTH AMENDMENT OF MOSAIC NONQUALIFIED DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN (2006 Statement)The Mosaic Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plan (2006 Statement) (hereinafter referred to as the “Plan Statement”) is hereby amended as provided below. This amendment is intended to clarify the Plan. The amendment below is not intended to make any changes that would cause a violation of section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code or its accompanying regulations. If a change in this amendment is determined to be a violation of section 409A, the amendment shall not be effective and shall be disregarded with respect to the rules governing benefits under the Plan. The amendment below is not intended to make any changes that would cause a loss of grandfather status with respect to the changes made to section 162(m) under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. 1.DELAY IN DISTRIBUTIONS. Effective January 1, 2020, Article 4 shall be amended to delete and remove Section 4.4(e)(ii) in its entirety. Subsequent sections and cross references are renumbered and relabeled as applicable.2.SAVINGS CLAUSE. Save and except as hereinabove expressly amended, the Plan Statement shall continue in full force and effect.
Section5.6 Savings Clause. If Section5.2 or any portion thereof shall be invalidated on any ground by any court of competent jurisdiction, then the Company shall nevertheless indemnify and hold harmless each Indemnified Person as to costs, charges and expenses (including attorneys fees), judgments, fines and amounts paid in settlement with respect to any action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative to the full extent permitted by any applicable portion of this Article V that shall not have been invalidated and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
(c)Savings Clause.If any provision of this Amendment or the application thereof is held invalid, the invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of this Amendment or the Employment Agreement which can be given effect without the invalid provisions or applications and to this end the provisions of this Amendment or the Employment Agreement are declared to be severable.
Section 7.3. Savings Clause. If this Article or any portion of it is invalidated on any ground by a court of competent jurisdiction, the Corporation nevertheless indemnifies each officer and director of the Corporation to the fullest extent permitted by all portions of this Article that have not been invalidated and to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Interest Savings Clause. If any interest payment due hereunder is determined to be in excess of the then legal maximum rate, then that portion of each interest payment representing an amount in excess of the then legal maximum rate shall instead be deemed a payment of principal and applied against the principal of the obligations evidenced by this Note.
2. Savings Clause. In all other respects, the Fiscal Agency Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. All references in any other agreement or document to the Fiscal Agency Agreement shall, on and after the date hereof, be deemed to refer to the Fiscal Agency Agreement as amended hereby.
Section 9.6REMIC Savings Clause. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if the Loan is included in a REMIC Trust and, immediately following a release of any portion of the real property relating to the Property, the ratio of the unpaid principal balance of the Loan to the value of the remaining real property relating to the Property is greater than 125% (such value to be determined, in Lender’s sole discretion, by any commercially reasonable method permitted to a REMIC Trust and it being agreed and acknowledged that such loan-to-value determination shall be based on the value of only real property and shall exclude any personal property or going-concern value, if any), the principal balance of the Loan must be paid down by Borrower by an amount sufficient to satisfy REMIC Requirements, unless the Lender receives an opinion of counsel acceptable to Lender that the Loan will not fail to maintain its status as a “qualified mortgage” within the meaning of Section 860G(a)(3)(A) of the IRS Code as a result of the related release of lien.
5.6 SAVINGS CLAUSE. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
9.2 Savings Clause. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid and unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected hereby.
8.6. Savings Clause. The determination that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable shall not invalidate this Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Agreement represents the entire understanding between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous representations, understandings or agreements, oral or written, between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
10. Severability and Savings Clause. If one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is for any reason (i) objected to, contested or challenged by any court, government authority, agency, department, commission or instrumentality of the United States or any state or political subdivision thereof, or any securities industry regulator (collectively, “ Governmental Authority”), or (ii) held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the Parties hereto agree to negotiate in good faith to modify any such objected to, contested, challenged, invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision. It is the intention of the Parties that there shall be substituted for such objected to, contested, challenged, invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision, a provision as similar to such provision as may be possible and yet be acceptable to any objecting Governmental Authority and be valid, legal and enforceable. Further, should any provisions of this Agreement ever be reformed or rewritten by a judicial body, those provisions as rewritten will be binding, but only in that jurisdiction, on Consultant and Fision as if contained in the original Agreement. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any one or more provisions hereof will not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provision hereof.
10. Usury Savings Clause. Maker expressly agrees and acknowledges that Maker and Holder intend and agree that this Note shall not be subject to the usury laws of any state other than the State of Nevada. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Note to the contrary, if collection from Maker of interest at the rate set forth herein would be contrary to applicable laws of such State, then the applicable interest rate upon default shall be the highest interest rate that may be collected from Maker under applicable laws at such time.
(f) Savings Clause. The right to indemnification or advancement under this ArticleIX is an irrevocable contract right based upon good and valuable consideration. The right to indemnification and advancement shall fully vest at the time any officer or director of the Company first assumes his or her position with the Company. Any repeal or modification of the foregoing provisions granting indemnification or advancement rights shall be prospective only and shall not adversely affect any right or protection of a director or officer of the Corporation with respect to any acts or omissions of such director or officer occurring prior to such repeal or modification.